Adjunct Faculty, Biomedical Engineering
Adjunct Faculty, Biomedical Engineering at Stevenson University will engage in teaching activities in accordance with the University's Faculty Workload. Teaching responsibilities will include teaching courses in the Biomedical Engineering Program.
Department: School of the Sciences: Biomedical Engineering
Masters degree in Biomedical Engineering or a related discipline and a strong commitment to quality teaching. College level teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in medical device and/or diagnostic system design, including regulatory requirements. Ability to mentor capstone design teams.
- Knowledge of Python, Arduino programming, and computer-aided design software desired.
- Ability to teach courses in systems physiology, current topics in biomedical engineering (e.g., surgical/assistive robotics, tissue engineering, or medical imaging), or capstone design.
- Demonstrated teaching ability in an engineering program.
- Ability to instruct students of varying preparation and abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Familiarity with educational assessment practices
- Commitment to integrity, excellence, learning, and community.
- Experience working with Blackboard or a similar learning management system.
- Well-developed organizational, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Sitting, standing, walking, talking, hearing, keyboarding, and repetitive motions. Close visual acuity. Position requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time and the ability to speak clearly and effectively for an extended period of time. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. Biomedical Engineering faculty may work in laboratories and will be exposed to scientific equipment/instrumentation, hand and power tools, and 3D printers.
- Engage in instructional activity totaling no more than 18 contact hours per academic year (August through May), with no more than 9 contact hours taught in an individual semester.
- Teaching responsibilities include time spent in the classroom, laboratory, or telecommunications courses and in immediate preparation for them; maintaining competence in subjects being taught; preparing teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing individual and group studies; reviewing written examinations and papers; evaluating presentations and projects; providing academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities.
- Administrative responsibilities include writing syllabi, reading and responding to emails promptly, grading course work within a time frame that enables the student to incorporate feedback on their next assignment, submitting mid-term and final grades by posted deadline, and alerting appropriate university personnel to student problems on a timely basis.
- Collegiality, as well as professional and ethical conduct, enhances teaching, learning and the general reputation of all persons in the academy. Therefore, all faculty members are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with professional and ethical principles when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators, and members of the public. Follow all faculty and program policies outlined by the School and the University.
- Every faculty member is guaranteed academic freedom in accordance with the statement on academic freedom and responsibilities of faculty members, as in the policy manuals.
- Teaching assignments may require teaching day, evening, online or hybrid classes.
- Meeting classes for the full class time during the scheduled dates and times.
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Work Location: Owings Mills North
Position Category: Faculty
Hrs/Week: varies depend on number of courses scheduled to teach
Open Until Filled: No
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency