Adjunct Faculty (Basic Laboratory in Medical Assisting, Canton)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Accepting Applications for Academic Year 2021-2022
Provide lab instruction to Medical Assistant students on topics including, but not limited, to blood chemistry and immunology, basic clinical laboratory principals and procedures, including phlebotomy, as they apply in a medical office, lab safety, specimen collection, point or care testing and hematology.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lab Instructors are expected to encourage and maintain participation of all students.
- Provide all laboratory and clinical instruction and demonstration according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop and prepare lessons when indicated by the Program Director.
- Recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the college policies.
- Grade clinical assignments and lab participation, return graded assignments and relevant feedback to students. Administer and correct tests.
- Control use of lab supplies, materials, and equipment. Recommend purchases.
- Maintain accountability of students and property. Adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect. Provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Focus on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, online or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in natural sciences or medical/health sciences. Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) years recent work experience in medical/health science or education fields.
- Experience teaching clinical/laboratory courses in higher education or secondary education and one-year teaching/training experience.
- Certified Medical Assistant recognized by CAAHEP and MAERB
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Supervisor: Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
Semester: Academic Year Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
Hours: Thursday 10:00AM-11:50 AM Lecture and 12:30 PM-2:30PM Lab
Salary: $1,132 per credit, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=124250
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency