Adjunct Faculty (Adult Critical Care Clinical Instructor Respiratory Care: Boston Medical Center)
About Massasoit Community College:
We at Massasoit Community College pride ourselves in our tradition of excellence and in our historic mission of accepting all who desire to learn. We are dedicated to creating a challenging and supportive environment where the members of our community can attain their educational and personal goals. We encourage all to take responsibility for their learning, to discover their potential, and to achieve their ambitions. Massasoit Community College is solidly committed to diversity, equal opportunity, and affirmative action in the development of its policies, programs, procedures, and practices. Our mission, vision, and values emanate from the principles of diversity and opportunity for all.
In accordance with the American College and University President's Climate Commitment, it is our goal as educational leaders to demonstrate a strong commitment to sustainable practices through highly visible efforts. All staff must demonstrate a commitment to energy conservation and environmental stewardship and promote those values to co-workers and the wider campus community.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer who is committed to increasing diversity across all levels of the college. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.
Accepting Applications for Academic Year 2021- 2022
We are seeking an Adult Critical Care Clinical Instructor in Respiratory Care at Boston Medical Center. The clinical instructor will provide clinical instruction and supervision to respiratory care students. The clinical instructor must be appropriately credentialed for the content area they teach and knowledgeable in subject matter through training and experience. The instructor must be a registered respiratory therapist, hold a Massachusetts Respiratory Care License along with a current AARC membership.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Instructor responsibilities and duties include student instruction under direct supervision, assessing student learning outcomes, assuring satisfactory completion and validation of students clinical experiences and attending clinical faculty meetings. The position is 14 hours per week. This may be 2 days per week, Monday and Wednesday or 1 day per week, Wednesday. This position may also be divided between 2 individuals.
The faculty member will work as a team member on the Respiratory Care Faculty.
- Adhere to course descriptions and syllabi to ensure course outcomes are met.
- Provide student instruction under direct supervision.
- Assess student learning outcomes.
- Assure satisfactory completion and validation of students clinical experiences.
- Tend to Massasoit Community College email.
- Offer email accessibility to students.
- Attending department/division meetings depending on availability.
- Submit student evaluations as scheduled.
- Will require travel to MCC campus for first 2 weeks and for several clinical meetings/skills testing held at MCC during the semester when permitted
- Focuses on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2022. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in respiratory therapy with 3 years of clinical experience or an Associate degree in respiratory therapy with a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
- The instructor must be a registered respiratory therapist, hold a Massachusetts Respiratory Care License along with a current AARC membership.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of recent developments in respiratory therapy.
- Awareness of the sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population.
- An understanding of evidence based teaching strategies to improve student learning with a wide range of instructional systems development, tutoring methods, and techniques for student support and success is critical for this applicant.
- BCLS & ACLS certifications
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory therapy with more than 3 years of clinical experience. Clinical teaching experience.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Supervisor: Dean of Nursing and Allied Health
Semester: Academic Year Fall 2021 and Spring 2022
Hours: The position is 14 hours per week. This may be 2 days per week, Monday and Wednesday or 1 day per week, Wednesday. This position may also be divided between 2 individuals.
Salary: Salary: $10,339.84 per semester - Part-time Non-Benefited.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
A cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references are required, please apply online.
Please Note: Faxed, emailed, or mailed in resumes and/or materials will NOT be accepted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback on application statuses. Please refrain from contacting the hiring manager and/or hiring department via phone, email, fax, mail, third person party or vendor and in person. Failure to comply, may result in application withdrawal.
Massasoit Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the Chief Diversity Officer & Title IX Coordinator, Yolanda Dennis, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, 508-588-9100, x1309, Brockton Campus, Administration Building, Room 219, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Associate Dean of Students & Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Joseph DiMaria, 508-588-9100, x1417, Brockton Campus, Student Center, Room 208A, email@example.com, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
To apply, visit https://massasoit.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=133368
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency